Monday, August 31, 2009

poetry

Good morning everyone.  And it is a good one.  It's that late summer feeling.  A bit cooler and crisper in the morning and at night.  I went for a walk last night with my new (3 months now!) husband, Mac, around Suttle Lake in the Cascades 30 minutes west of us.  It's a 3 mile loop and it was sunsetting time so I'm still living in the afterglow of that.  I feel spoiled by the varied lavishness of nature around here and the generous heart of Mac.

Something you wrote Dan this morning.....something towards the end of your message about not overthinking things.  To just take things/gifts at face value and not say "well, in the grand scheme of things, what does this really matter?"  I'm not even sure if that was your meaning but it triggered a thought in me.  Isn't pursuit of happiness a slap in the face of cynicism?

2 comments:

  1. Remind me of that James Taylor line, "Try not to try to hard, it's just a lovely ride."

    I suppose pursuit of happiness could be a slap in the face of cynicism. It could also be a curtsy.

    :-) Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, good point! Curtsy.....it does sound, well, happier and gentler.

    ReplyDelete