Monday, August 31, 2009

The Week Begins (at least for me...)

Quick entry this morning. Yesterday I was thinking I needed to write to Donna and let her know that I could not open her poem, because it is in a newer version of word than my computer supports. And it occurred to me to think, how cool it is that I need to write to someone and let her know I can't open her poem. I know someone who writes poetry. I know someone who writes poetry and wants to share it. How lucky I am.

Yesterday before I went to bed, I was texting back and forth with someone who made me feel special. That was a good thing to. Little rings on my cel phone to let me know that I was visible. Hmmmm...make of that what you will. But don't we all need that from time to time?

I laughed so hard yesterday. I can't say what I was laughing about, because, well...it was as we sometimes say a "who did that bless, little hurty thing..." but what the hey...I was laughing and laughing. And thats good.

Today's entry is just for the purpose of touching base with what is grand and good in my life. Sometimes, try as I might, recognizing the awesome beauty and power of the universe in a state of grateful humility, is more than I can muster. And when that happens, I feel like a bad citizen of this world...not properly in tune.

But all of it is part of the power, maybe...so selecting those things that come to mind, selecting those things that are rushing with warmth, and recognizing them as they occur, rather than looking at them and thinking, "yes, but in the grand scheme off things what are they really?" I don't know. Maybe they are the grand scheme, or at least, for today, my part in it.

So thank you. Thank you Donna. Thank you Margaret. Thank you David.

And thank you Mark, for your marvelous entry yesterday.

--Dan

1 comment:

  1. Dan,

    You are definitely part of the grand scheme.

    :-) Steve

    ReplyDelete